GentleWaves LED Modulation
GentleWaves is a natural non-thermal process that uses gentle LEDs to improve the appearance of aging, environmentally and sun damaged skin without skin tissue injury or patient discomfort.
It seems unbelievable: a bank of 2,000 colored lights that increases cellular energy to stimulate collagen production in the skin and slows collagen’s breakdown – smoothing fine lines, shrinking pores, and dissolving red blotches. But it does just that… a study by Dermatology Times published skin biopsies that showed collagen synthesis one week after eight LED treatments. More recent trials – presented at a meeting of the American Society of Laser, medicine, and Surgery – showed a 28 percent increase in collagen, along with an average 62 percent reduction in lines and wrinkles around the eyes four months after the treatment.
“The machine works on the theory that you can manipulate the activity’s of cells with light and cause decreased or increased production of what’s in those cells,” says the machine’s inventor, dermatologist David McDaniel.
GentleWaves Features and Benefits
- Quick, Simple and Gentle
- A Breakthrough Technology in Science of Anti-Aging
- No side effects, downtime or pain
- Remarkably safe and effective for all skin types
- Non-invasive, non-ablative and non-thermal so there’s no injury to the skin surface
- Fast and convenient: Takes less than 5 minutes
- Treats large areas such as the entire face or chest
- No aftercare is needed
- Compatible with other skin rejuvenation techniques
How Is GentleWaves Unique?
Current high-tech skin rejuvenation therapies operate via photothermolysis to thermally injure tissue and induce a wound healing response or use chemicals to peel damaged tissue. However, wound healing responses are unpredictable and are an imperfect mechanism for achieving new collagen production.